Best programming language to start with?
The title is self explaining, I would like to start programming (I have basic web development skills - HTML5, CSS3)
How do I start? And what language I have to choose?
(03-11-2016, 10:12 AM)Mickey Mouse Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.The title is self explaining, I would like to start programming (I have basic web development skills - HTML5, CSS3)
Depend on what you want to do with this programming language, for example if you want to be a web developer you should learn Php , python , Ruby on rails , javascript , jquery , angularJs , nodejs......etc and for example if you want to programm some operating system software you should learn C/C++ , java ..etc , so your choice depend on what you want to be and to do .
If you started with HTML and CSS, the next step would be PHP, SQL and maybe javascript.
Depends on what do you want to achieve and just like in CPA, you have to etablish a niche you'll like yo purse, going for multiple programming languages in the same time will get you nowhere honestly.
(03-11-2016, 04:33 PM)adslo Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.
(03-11-2016, 10:12 AM)Mickey Mouse Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.The title is self explaining, I would like to start programming (I have basic web development skills - HTML5, CSS3)
Depend on what you want to do with this programming language, for example if you want to be a web developer you should learn Php , python , Ruby on rails , javascript , jquery , angularJs , nodejs......etc and for example if you want to programm some operating system software you should learn C/C++, java ..etc , so your choice depend on what you want to be and to do .

I'm more interested in Web Development honestly, nowadays all is working through websites/webapps
It should be easy....
take a look at:

HTML/CSS
JavaScript
Python
Java
C/C++
PHP
Objective-C
C#
Swift
JSON
Ruby
XML
Ajax
Shell
IF you are more interested in web development, I would start with PHP, Javascript, MySQL
(08-14-2016, 01:50 AM)MonetizeRocket Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.IF you are more interested in web development, I would start with PHP, Javascript, MySQL
Exactly if for web development PHP, Javascript. If it is for mobile or desktop applications JAVA this very well.
Yes like previously suggested if you want to mostly do webbased stuff then start with PHP.
I use to think the same way.. Starting with html/css then php.. but now days its a lot easier to jump in 2016 - 2017 with an easy to use framework.

Although I have been coding and building websites since before AOL was a popular social network.. (oldschool)

I recently took a udemy course on Ember.js - and found that in one course they showed how to control front end and back end applications in a lot easier manner than my days of learning html/css and php .. Shortcuts / predefined actions - So while my old answer use to be directly just checking w3schools and youtube for html/css then php tutorials.. Now I find it much easier to tell my new learners to checkout a few tutorials on Ember or Angular or another framework! -

The layout is easy enough but learning how to save and interact with a database had never been easier << obviously my opinion only..
Working as a professional developer in many languages i can only suggest to not only rely on frameworks and things that "make it easy". you may be faster to get started to do something what seems like programming, but in the long run you will be better off to understand the programming language behind the framework, as then you will have a much better understanding of how things work and can solve problems yourself. if you just base your knowledge on a framework you deppend on it i.e. if there is a bug in the framework, you have to wait for the maintainers to fix it which might take months and meanwhile you're stuck. when you do your own code you can instantly fix things .. besides how would you explain that to a client? "sorry i can't continue till someone else fixes this and there is no eta" lol? thats just one example, but i guess you can see the point..
Hi!

First, you've gotta start with HTML. You can visit the CODE ACADEMY to start getting some notions and playing the game!

Then, learn about CSS - a complement to HTML. Once you know HTML well, it's time for you to learn about Javascript!

This triad - HTML, CSS, Javascript - will give you the fundamentals you'll need to create Interfaces (front-end)

Ready?

Time to learn!
Php is the best one for any web and personal tools activity I used it as daily driver a good thing is that when you start to learn it becomes easy and easy although I am beginner just telling my own experience I may switch it any time
I prefer Java at the beginning. It's very powerful (cross-platfrom, Android support) and not that hard as many people think.
Another advantage is that Java is very similar to C#, so it's 2in1 ;)
They "say " Python is the best first language to learn.

Return to Top CPAhero