CPAHero Suggestions And Myself (10-5-16)
CPAHero Suggestions (10-5-16)

I decided that I'd write up this quick post circling all of the things that can be approved here. I don't know who exactly changed these designs, codes, etc, however these are mainly suggestions that we can try to improve on.

Creating A Thread

The photo below explains it pretty much.

Spoiler :
[Image: 3ed33ff82ea2481ca10e394b9fbdaafe.png]
Creating A Thread

When trying to full edit your thread, the text box is WAY and I mean WAY too small, no forum I've seen is like this. I have to admit that this does not look professional when trying to create a thread (especially BST) threads. It's very frustrating to deal with, honestly.

That scroll bar though?

Spoiler :
[Image: 3b12e4d2bd0ced89b6384e95bba8f503.gif]

Also, having the color of the text while typing (in the thread) grey as the default color doesn't look that good. I prefer white, however, that's just me. I also forget to mention the default font when creating a post does not look that professional or serious either. It's grey, too bold and at-least for me, I believe that it shouldn't be the default text while posting here.

Theme Colors

Spoiler :
[Image: fc19c23c5a2a49af8dd97db22f2c1a45.gif]

The current colors of the forum are all over the place. We have dark dark blue, light blue, yellow, orange - the list goes on. And the background .gif behind "CPAHero Hall of Fame" could be changed to match everything else. I kind of believe it's more of the bold font too that makes everything look way too big/out of place/unprofessional/not pretty.

Latest Posts

All I could say about this section is they're too many posts being shown. It currently shows 30 posts, changing it to 20-25 will look more decent. Also, changing the color of the username's from green to white. I mentioned changing the username colors because I'd really like to officially implement a VIP section that's nothing like other forums or services and only VIP members will have a certain color and users who are not upgraded to VIP will be white (default color) when a hero would sign up here. But that's totally a different case scenario. I'll talk about that more into the suggestions below.

See Format Options
Spoiler :
[Image: 9affed17f16746d4b92cd5a78baff041.png]

I have no idea where this came from but it's a bright yellow text that gives instructions around the codes that you can post in a thread. I don't believe it should be right at the top when creating a post/thread, I'd rather recommend it be inside the box where it shows this.

Spoiler :
[Image: 997af3ab574c4f1a8388ab4961f0cd10.png]

Something like that. And I know it's not a huge deal, I'm just recommending things that will make the forum look more decent and professional while attracting new heroes and affiliate marketers who are interested in advancing on CPA and affiliate marketing.

Hovering Over Your Username

Spoiler :
[Image: 36a268008c2a4068981974f1a10964ed.png]

I like the font. But the font size is way too large. I'd like to see it smaller and maybe without the text being bold. The text just looks extremely large on my screen, probably larger on a mobile device, so I'd recommend a much smaller test size and again, without it being bold.

Under Navigation

Spoiler :
[Image: 330dcfda300041239a88ac0b9690b093.png]

I honestly dislike the Google ads on CPAHero. I don't know, it makes me sad and brings me back to the old days. I'll talk about that more below. But when I was the most active here, we never had these Google (paid ads) here. IT LOOKS BAD. I believe at the time before we had these ads, CPAHero was performing way better too. We had a variety of CPA networks and other networks advertising their banner before. But now? We have stupid paid ads, that look ugly, unattractive, very unrelated to CPA - the list goes on. I don't like it, at all.

The box highlighted blue around "CPAHero.com" in the image above is also new. I don't think I've seen any text there. I remember having text there before, however, PeaceKeeper didn't like the fact that any text would be there.

Last but not least, the numbers below the ads. "3,845 PEOPLE ONLINE NOW" and the "3,559 reading" like I'm being honest when I say this, but I don't think anybody cares about that. Does anybody really care if that's there? It's in huge bright green text and it's another thing that makes the forum look unattractive. I feel like since PeaceKeeper left, the forum got more unrelated to CPA and more about the design, colors are everywhere, everything turned random, paid ads, it's all a mess to me.

VIP Section?

We have talked about this before. A very long time ago actually. PeaceKeeper and I talked about this a lot in the past. We never truly implemented something like that, although we kind of had a VIP forum in the past where you would have to donate a certain amount of coins/points to unlock that forum. We have to get a new VIP forum, it will encourage everybody here to upgrade and see the VIP content that would have to be extremely better than the general forum content that we have here.

Leader Board

First off to say - I REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY that we had this leader board that made me want to join CPAHero. It was around August 2014. It was at the top of CPAHero.com right when you logged in. I believe I remember that it was at the top anyway. However, I also remember Dol14 was always at the top of the leader board with a lot of posts. I remember trying to compete with him and I looked up to him. I wanted to become a moderator. Help CPAHero do the best. Help other new affiliate marketers (heroes). I just know that this leader board I'm talking about encouraged and motivated me to sign up. It made me want to join, help the community, look awesome being on the leader board with Dol14. I feel like we should have never let that go, but there's still a chance to get it back and have it be designed better to fit the new CPAHero theme. Just a recommendation.

No Advertising Page?

I just noticed that the Advertising page was removed.

[Image: d5af932a2abf4055affb8cc3ed4a04ce.png]

You can see that we did have a "Advertise" in the navigation center. But not anymore. Why? We got rid of that and put up paid ads - that look very unprofessional. I know CPAHero can be way different and better than other forums and I don't believe we need these ugly ads here. We're better than that. CPAHero was created to do better than that. I believe we should have the "Advertise" in the navigation again, to make everything look professional so if any CPA network or if any network would like advertise with us, they could.

Double Recent Posts Section

If you look at the home page here, there's two sections where it shows Recent Posts. The right side of the page. AND when you scroll all the way down. We could get rid of the Recent Posts at the bottom, it's not really needed. We could just have a different page that shows "Recent Posts" when you click "Recent Posts" in the navigation instead clicking it and being redirected to the bottom of the page. Waste of space.

Most Importantly The Content Here

If you didn't already know, CPAHero is 2 years old. I have to admit a lot has changed. People have changed. People that were active here are no longer active. Why? Not everybody has time to visit a forum anymore. I believe that is the true answer. People are working, at school, but mainly working. Working on other projects, big companies (businesses) etc.

HOWEVER, back to the point. The content here is old. Some of the threads here are out-dated. Some of the tutorials here are no longer effective, no longer working. I really want to commit to cleaning out the old and bringing in the new with CPAHero. Generally, the forum sections here need a clean up. They're very old posts that are not needed or out-dated.

What I Was Talking About Before

I mentioned some other things where I said I would talk about it below. Here is the below.

If you couldn't already tell. Yes, I was a moderator of CPAHero before. You can see all about that by clicking Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.. Not only was I a moderator here before, but I wad a Admin of CPAHero too. About a year ago. However, by not dedicating a lot of time into the forum after becoming a admin, I think PeaceKeeper just made me a mod and I screwed up everything afterwards because I wanted to stay admin because I was still dedicated in doing a lot more. I still want to do a lot more. I know there's a lot of opportunities, a lot of everything that can be improved and make CPAHero the #1 CPA forum in the world. There's hundreds of thousands of opportunities that CPAHero can see if we are open to changing and improving on everything here.

Moving on. I do miss PeaceKeeper, as a partner and a friend. We talked a lot before. We talked about changing the design for CPAHero. We talked about basically everything that I can think of. I do have to admit that he's seriously a talented web designer and at making AWESOME movie previews (videos).

PeaceKeeper made this video around last year and I have to say it's one of the best videos I've seen on the internet before. And yes, that's my channel that I created when he told me to post the video.

Anyway, this is pretty much the end. I hope we can all be open to change the things I suggested above. Feel free to leave any feedback too.

Ben10/Aero/Before5am

Thought of more suggestions.

Too Many Quotes In Threads
Spoiler :
[Image: a19f41bab9a63f83ff680b4b3ac3b8b3.gif]
See example post above. In this particular thread, there's way too many replies with just quotes. No normal replies without quoting the user above them. Why does this happen? I think it happens because people click the "Reply button" on the post and it automatically quotes the user's post which I believe shouldn't happen, especially when you're quoting the whole thread's post.

Reputation Box Size
Spoiler :
[Image: a146a654aa9fdaef1647e1090ba865d9.gif]

When clicking "Rate User" while trying to add reputation to somebody, the window that opens is too small or has a font size that's too large. The gif above says everything.

Reporting Old Threads

I had a idea which could help focus on new content rather than old. Report all of the old threads that still get replies on them, most of them are out dated content and old methods. I'm not saying all of the old threads here are out dated, some of them could be out dated and the method could still work. However, I'd suggest reporting all of the old threads that are not performing that great so that our Staff can close these types of threads. I'm talking about very old threads from at-least 1 year old to the beginning when CPAHero was created.

Below Thread Or Post Title

There's a red note above each thread or post, you will see it if you try to reply to a post, it specifically says "Your reply MUST be a Question or Review or related to the topic. Anything else will be deleted.. Repeated violations may get you banned!"

I am not saying this note or "heads up" should be removed, however, I feel like it should be reworded in a more professional way and designed in the box above where "Username:" and "Subject:" is.

Spoiler :
[Image: a9d0889aa6c34022943af3fd70807148.png]

I'll be working on some of the things I mentioned here soon. If you have any ideas, feedback or anything you'd like to share, we'd like to hear your thoughts about the forum, what you'd like to see different and what you'd like to see posted more.
I'd like to address a few of your concerns here...

First, the "Heads Up" text was my idea and put where it is so that everyone posting can see it, as they have to type over it. Anywhere else and it wouldn't get seen. However, during replies it is higher, so ultimately it is in both places. I also wrote the text so it could be easily understood by everyone, including members who are not native English speakers. They are all easy to understand words.

I'm not sure where you get gray text from when typing a post, as mine is white and quite easy to read. Try checking your computer font settings.

The old posts have stayed because that's what Peacekeeper told me he wanted, as they bring in a lot of SE traffic from guests who convert into members.

The recent posts had been a separate page for about a month while you were away and members were complaining about it, as they wanted it on the homepage, so that's where it is now. There was an entire thread on that topic alone.

I like the "online now" at the very top because with an average of 3000-4000 online at any given time of the day it shows guests thinking of joining that we are a good sized forum with lots of posts, and not one of those small forums that try to look big but only get 2-3 posts a day.

Regarding ads, it would be nice to have more related to IM, but the bills have to be paid, so something has to be used to fill in the available spots.

What would you put in a VIP section? We tried something similar and it failed because the threads were very few from only maybe 2-3 members, so there was no point in even becoming VIP. There are some forums where the entire forum is VIP only that have some very good methods, and they do serve a purpose, but I hate closed communities like that. I want everyone here to feel welcome and equal so we can all help each other to thrive in the online IM world.

Peacekeeper had asked me to become admin as well, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to a forum this large, and @Dol14 has obviously contibuted more of his time here than any of us have, so he deserves our support for doing a great job and donating so much of his time here.

I agree that there are some little things around the forum that could be worked on, but they are mainly cosmetic and a person only has so much time in a day to work on things while life passes you by.

Enjoy your day! Smile
(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.I'd like to address a few of your concerns here...

First, the "Heads Up" text was my idea and put where it is so that everyone posting can see it, as they have to type over it. Anywhere else and it wouldn't get seen. However, during replies it is higher, so ultimately it is in both places. I also wrote the text so it could be easily understood by everyone, including members who are not native English speakers. They are all easy to understand words.

I'm not sure where you get gray text from when typing a post, as mine is white and quite easy to read. Try checking your computer font settings.

I see what you're saying regarding the red "heads up" text. I'm just pointing out simple things that can be changed in a second to make it look more professional. Also, regarding the text color, it was actually my friends monitor, on my TV monitor it's white but on my laptop it shows kind of a "grey bold" vibe.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.The old posts have stayed because that's what Peacekeeper told me he wanted, as they bring in a lot of SE traffic from guests who convert into members.

I didn't say to delete any posts, at all. I specifically mentioned that the threads that are from 1 year to when CPAHero was created should be closed. All forums do this to prevent grave digging old threads that died. Like I said, we need new content to push up and the old content to move down and to be closed for new replies to prevent grave digging. I believe closing a thread will not affect SE traffic.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.The recent posts had been a separate page for about a month while you were away and members were complaining about it, as they wanted it on the homepage, so that's where it is now. There was an entire thread on that topic alone.

I didn't know that. I just thought seeing two recent posts sections on the home page was too much or duplicate content being shown which could affect SE traffic, maybe. I although wasn't bothered by this suggestion as much.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.I like the "online now" at the very top because with an average of 3000-4000 online at any given time of the day it shows guests thinking of joining that we are a good sized forum with lots of posts, and not one of those small forums that try to look big but only get 2-3 posts a day.

At the same time, before we had this, I believe CPAHero was performing way better than it was today - without these new fancy things added to make the forum look more popular. I do agree that it may help but it doesn't have to be at the top of the forum. These are just my suggestions too, I'm not forcing anything on anybody.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.Regarding ads, it would be nice to have more related to IM, but the bills have to be paid, so something has to be used to fill in the available spots.

I get you on this one. I just believed that when we had CPA networks and other affiliate networks advertise their banners, I believe that was performing way better than paid ads would. I have details to say about that but I won't disclose that in public. But it's something to think about, what could make CPAHero better, more related to CPA than the paid ads that show completely random stuff that probably nobody would be interested in.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.What would you put in a VIP section? We tried something similar and it failed because the threads were very few from only maybe 2-3 members, so there was no point in even becoming VIP. There are some forums where the entire forum is VIP only that have some very good methods, and they do serve a purpose, but I hate closed communities like that. I want everyone here to feel welcome and equal so we can all help each other to thrive in the online IM world.

In fact, there would be a lot to post in a VIP section. I have a lot of ideas that could be brought to life depending on if the staff here would be interested in trying something out. But why would we add a VIP section? Maybe have it there in order to create a BST thread. In order to make certain actions on the forum. Add unique sub-forums inside. Show that we're not just a open forum and there's way more content that wee could offer. Motivate others here to be seen as VIP, a higher upgraded member that's dedicated, a helpful member staying active, etc = there's a lot to say.

(10-06-2016, 10:37 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.Peacekeeper had asked me to become admin as well, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to a forum this large, and @Dol14 has obviously contibuted more of his time here than any of us have, so he deserves our support for doing a great job and donating so much of his time here.

I agree that there are some little things around the forum that could be worked on, but they are mainly cosmetic and a person only has so much time in a day to work on things while life passes you by.

Enjoy your day! Smile

I get it, but I wouldn't make a excuse so nothing gets done or worked on. I don't want to forget about the recommendations I took about a hour or two writing here. The most important suggestion is the text box size that we're typing in here that's to the right where it displays "Your Message:". It's way too small The height needs to be much taller.

I poured out a variety of great recommendations. We could do something about it or we could make excuses as to why we can't do them. Who knows if the forum will perform better if changing certain things. Especially the posts (grave digging) but I understand it could take time. I also wouldn't be inspired or motivated to help the forum if nobody would agree to help on certain suggestions that we all know could be fixed. Let me know if otherwise.

You have a good day too! Smile
I agree with you on the closed threads, instead of deleting them, but I only have so much time in a day that I can dedicate to it, and I do delete old threads that are no longer relevant when I come across them, which is pretty random. Usually its when someone reports a thread as having a broken link under the lock and then I've been made aware of it and I close the thread as no longer having anything of value.

It's getting cleaned up, but it takes a lot of time and we're doing the best we can. Feel free to report old broken threads when you see them. It takes all of us to clean it up...

Return to Top CPAhero