First Post Last Post
My Guide to the basics - Merlot
Hello CPAHero members and anyone else who might be reading this.

I’ve been getting a lot of people asking me to share some of my knowledge on making money in CPA and online marketing. Before I go on lemme say this, if your reading this expecting an exact detail guide on what to do so that you can wake up tomorrow morning making thousands please stop now since youre wasting your time.

At first I didn’t think there was anything I could write since everyone has their own way of doing things and its pretty private since its how we make our money. I never really spend too much time chatting and reading forums but I did more and more then realized that theres a ton of stuff that people are doing horribly wrong and I spent years putting together my system or way of doing things so I thought I could help a lot. Call it a guide or whatever you want im gonna call this Merlots principles of making money online.

First question I get is how to start. Youtube? PPC? Social? SEO?

My answer would be you need to combine two of them. One needs to be SEO and the other should be wherever you find you can get the most bang on your buck. If youtube is driving traffic then that’s what you need to stick with at the start. If you have the money to invest in PPC and can do it well then do PPC but that is harder, doesn’t mean it wont work for you but it takes some knowledge and some people who cant do anything else to well are really good with PPC. Then if you can get traffic from social do that. But find one other than SEO and work on it while working on SEO.

Step 1: SEO and whatever gets you traffic from video to social.

So what else?

This is huge. Make sure you figure out how much time you can put into things in advance. If you can’t put in a lot of time then don’t expect a lot of results. Doing this isn’t a normal job but it should be like one to you. If you don’t have an average of 5 hours + a day then don’t expect much unless you get lucky. If youre desperate to make money and really have that drive then you shouldn’t be sitting around hoping to get lucky you should be working your ass off.

Step 2: Get more from your traffic.

Before you try to turn traffic into cash make sure you grow it. Its like a plant if you cut it up when its small you will get a bit from it but youll kill it then have to start over again.

I use social, video, and everything else to drive traffic to my SEO properties all the time. Once I get people locked in and visiting with a good amount of returns, I will then try to get those people hooked into things like fanpages. Multiple fan pages on different topics that might appeal to them and then they spread the word and I get more people.

Lets say I have a blog about dangerous food for kids. I get a lot of mom’s visiting from youtube or wherever else. I will get their email and introduce them to fanpages or groups that focus on something really close to dangerous foods for kids like superfoods for your toddler. Then I’ll do the same thing with another group. Eventually most of my users are in 3-4 groups and they are spreading the word to new people who also start coming to the site and getting on and it goes on and on and on.

I keep content fresh on my SEO and I make sure to do 4 to 5 new ones every month or two so I can see what takes off. Ive even found people to write for me who I pay and keep things going.

After the traffic is huge I start monetizing it with something really attractive. A special video a coupon an ebook for super food recipes and I make sure its all legit.
One thing I always do is make sure that content is at least decent! Use whatever methods you want villains or heros or white grey hat orange hat whatever but always give someone something that’s at least decent if not good. Saves you a lot of trouble.

Next step PPC

When I was starting out I got going with the steps ive laid out so far but it took me a hell of a lot longer than it might look like. Figuring out is all the hard work.

I started using money for PPC and driving traffic to my web properties and you guys now know what I do once I get traffic. At first I was spending a lot more than I was making but then I targeted a bit smarter and started losing only a little bit.

Then it was less direct and more about my SEO sites than trying to ppc right into a CPA offer and I started making money. Now I still have times where I try something new and get aggressive but its not a waste since the money I spend lets me see what works.

I might spend 4k for a new budget of mine and then make like 3800 on that day overall and that will suck balls. But on average I make a hell of a lot more since my big spending days only happen every couple of weeks and im always pulling in money.

Result, so now as you can see you would be mixing CPA, PPC, SEO and video.

THE QUESTIONS EVERYONE ASKS & my answers...finally

Which networks should you use?

Its not easy to say and I dont want to be talking about this network or that network. they always go crazy and pm me and skype me or call me and its fuckin nuts, i hate it and dont care. I really really dont care for that shit and I hate it. I see it and hear it all the time. I dont make money to sit and argue or reply to stupid fuckin pms about how im unfair and someone is trying to make a living. I guess in that sense the ones i dont recommend are getting a break since they go craziest when I say anything like they do to anyone. But I actually make like nothing on referrals so I will say this. Don’t use the following

First off dont use affpaying ever.
i think its a pos. Its obviously shady as a *****. You get sooommmee networks who have 0 bad reviews and 900 good ones. You tellin me not 1 person ever had a bad experience? even if by accident? not one company tried to leave a fake review.

its bullshit to me and all the top networks are also sponsoring networks lmfao. Also dont believe hype from people trying to feed you crap.

my guide on networks

- Brand new network? F*** that, thanks.
- Hearing all the hype about a new network with amazing results and seeing all kinds of posts? BE F*** CAREFUL. I don’t go for that shit. Ive seen it happen where theres a new network people are going nuts over and people never learn. Its like I remember people fighting anyone who talked shit about blam. You would get flamed they had this big bold logo and were all ‘we are the bomb, we are the source, we are more professional. The only BLAM came when they bent every publisher over and raped them in the end. Everyone found out that there were FAKE EMPLOYEEEEEEEESSS!!! Lolol they would make up fake names for people just to befriend publishers they pretended they had some beautiful girl and got busted cuz it turned out to be some chic on facebook whos profile got stolen. They pretended other AM’s were different people. The minute you hear that kinda shit you know to run for the hills.

- Usually networks push the hardest to get a good rep when theyre new and get people to market for them. They give you good results for a day then F*** your earnings up. Ive been burned twice ever and it was this exact way.
- Give it time. Everyone says split test and try all the networks and all this bullshit. Its not that theyre wrong just not right at all. If it’s a network that’s been around a while and there are a bunch then its for a reason, give it time and clicks. I hear people flip out after 40 clicks and im like wtf? Idiot. Then they switch to a network and get lead so they go OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST NETWORK THE OTHER ONE SHAVED OR SUCKS. No youre just fuckin horrible with math and it’s a fluke lol. Sorry its 4 AM right now tellin it how it is..
- Compare offers talk to your AM and get help.

PPD vs CPA?

Don’t be afraid of either. I have done both and both work but you gotta match it to your content.

What’s the most Ive made in a day:

Ive grossed 23 thousand+ in a day and I actually made about $400 that day LOL since I spent about 16 thousand. its hard to count though since when i spend it kinda comes in over time or doesnt so the real value is hard to say exact but that expense was shit.

The most profit I ever made was in January 2014 and I made $16,800 which was good since I lost a bit the day before....lol ok more than a bit, i blew about 7k which didnt really give me any returns over time from what i spent in comparison.

Have I tested all the networks?

Like I said I don’t play with fire and the new networks or the bullshit networks. Last time I tested a newer one was October and they were shit. Im not saying things nicely because its like F*** that. I work hard and these people are gonna make a looooooot of money from me. Is it so hard not to F*** around on me? I don’t mind if a network is new and trying but when they are new and play games with their numbers its like F*** off. I do enough volume to know that something isn’t a fluke or just 1 day.

But in general I otherwise test them all and I keep track. I keep stats in excel. its easy to use or use google spreadsheet. Don't be afraid to get organized.

What are some of the shady things some networks do?

Shave clicks to bullshit your EPC. They screw with conversions. They pay you well and bump your performance for a couple of days then F*** you up for a month. Its so that they can gain popularity and grow some of them are bitches

What kind of car do you drive?
I drive a 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe and its probably too nice for me.
I think a dream car would be fun but i always worry i will lose my money or stop working one day and i want to be in a place where i dont have to worry before i can blow cash. Anways I really like my car so ill probably just get a new one in a few years.

How did you get into this?

My Dad had a friend who was in tech when were growing up and he was always rolling up in nice cars and had a really nice house. I was always kind of into it all but started trying to learn how to make money online when I was about 15 and had some small websites that did ok with banners and other money making ideas.
I sold a forum when I was 18 for $2700 and that was the biggest thing to me. Then I was lucky enough that my parents helped me pay for school and I spent my time getting better online.

I was 21 when I started CPA and any money I made extra I could spend on the business so I guess I was lucky since I got to live at home and have most what I needed from my family like food and shelter or other little stuff. My money I made was just for me and the business I did online. My fam was never rich but we were ok.

At one point for about 6 months cash was low and I was spending too much time talking to the girlfriend so I worked a job as pretty much an assistant in my dads friends office which really sucked but I saved up and got back on things. I started doing good in CPA when I was 21 so from then on that’s been most of my thing.

Since then I just never wanted it to end. I never wanted to be like ok im done I give up its not enough im gonna go get a “real” job cause I think its up to me to make this my real job but I also know as I get older im gonna need more money so its either go crazy hard now or try to catchup later if I wanna do this.

When I took off with content locking it was back in the day when you could do anything and I made a good stash of cash. I reinvested almost every damn dollar. I bought forums, I bought blogs, I bought everything that I could so if things cooled off I could still kill it. Everytime I bought something I would use my other resources to grow it and trade traffic or get people to share it on social. I eventually hired my younger brother who is an accountant now to help me manage this business which is good since he also helps with all the accounting too and is good with numbers.
Now I have a lot of traffic flowing and im good at building something from the ground up. I know all the networks I know who to work with Ive talked to owners and figured out how the people behind the business are and for the most part how things work. I don’t know everything or even close to it but I have a good idea how it all goes right down to how some networks strategy works with getting people to run traffic and how they pay and all that .

I run my business all day and my brother helps. I pay a few people to help keep blog content fresh and keep everything rolling. I love how it is and I want to keep making smart decisions but im like anyone and I F*** up too. Pardon the language but if I call it anything else I might forget what it really is lol

That’s my story. Ask anything you want. Next im going to start putting out guides and pushing whitehat ideas.

I know this isn’t really a full life story and its not a full on focus on CPA but it’s a bit of everything to share one person in CPA with others and help.

Peace yall
Lol. Thanks for this share merlot. What striked me most is your sense of humor lol Thanks
Very informative merlot , ll be holding on for more and thanks for doing this ^^
NICE merlot
full information you typed here tks :D
Thx for your info, that will help me a lot >.<
Thank you mate. And that's a hell of a lot money. I wonder how much money you have in your stash
(02-14-2014, 04:25 AM)Merlot Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.Step 2: Get more from your traffic.[/b][/u]

Lets say I have a blog about dangerous food for kids. I get a lot of mom’s visiting from youtube or wherever else. I will get their email and introduce them to fanpages or groups that focus on something really close to dangerous foods for kids like superfoods for your toddler. Then I’ll do the same thing with another group. Eventually most of my users are in 3-4 groups and they are spreading the word to new people who also start coming to the site and getting on and it goes on and on and on.

I keep content fresh on my SEO and I make sure to do 4 to 5 new ones every month or two so I can see what takes off. Ive even found people to write for me who I pay and keep things going.

After the traffic is huge I start monetizing it with something really attractive. A special video a coupon an ebook for super food recipes and I make sure its all legit.
One thing I always do is make sure that content is at least decent! Use whatever methods you want villains or heros or white grey hat orange hat whatever but always give someone something that’s at least decent if not good. Saves you a lot of trouble.

i will follow this method,
thanks for share merlot Smile
Good job Smile you've learned from the best Smile
Hello, bro

If you give some live example it will helpful for new comer.

thank you
Thanks, you motivated me a lot Smile
This is Not Exactly a Tutorial, But a very detailed basics as well as great tips for anyone to start things in CPA/PPD.

Thanks Merlot for sharing your views / Opinions / Advices / information with everyone here at cpahero.
That's some life story bro :D
I will stick to this
Great guide! This will definitely steer new people in the right direction
Nice message Merlot, I think you message will strengthen other users abilities and increase their stamina to earn money on internet with easy win.. Thanks for the share
This is really very hepfull, i had many false information but you've just enlightened me.many thanks and please share ur knowlage from time to time
Cheers for that Merlot, your posts are always on point well done! Nice sense of humor too lol
Tanks for sharing men Merlot, good job Smile

Hi, tnks for sharing men Smile good job
Very helpful and informative tips! thank you for this!
:wat:
(02-14-2014, 07:06 AM)subzero5417 Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.You have everything down pat. I guess I get to start from where I am- from scratch. lol!

:bunny:
I disagree about new networks - I think you should be cautious, but I'm willing to try new methods with new networks since they're more open to it.

Return to Top CPAhero