Should use HTTPS /SSL to protect forum member
Hi, I don't know why but I found a lot of forum they use SSL to protect forum member why this forum don't?
SSL are more used for shops and payment systems, something we dont really need, i could always set it up but no point..
(04-25-2018, 11:42 PM)Admin Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.SSL are more used for shops and payment systems, something we dont really need, i could always set it up but no point..

I read that Google now sees having SSL as a ranking factor, but I have it on 3 of my sites and haven't noticed any difference in the SERP yet. Although in my niche with the most competition, the first 3 pages of results are all "https" urls, so there might be something to it. I'll let you know if it seems to be any benefit, but so far I'm not optimistic.
SSL Certificates are mainly used on websites which are used for Ecommerce or Financial Transaction to prevent it from getting [email protected]

However, if a site doesn't have an SSL certificate, it doesn't means that it is not secure.

Nowadays, Google is also considering this as their ranking factor, to provide better experience to their users.
(04-26-2018, 05:48 AM)srikanta30 Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.SSL Certificates are mainly used on websites which are used for Ecommerce or Financial Transaction to prevent it from getting [email protected]

However, if a site doesn't have an SSL certificate, it doesn't means that it is not secure.

Nowadays, Google is also considering this as their ranking factor, to provide better experience to their users.

Plus Google is giving warnings to Chrome users who visit potentially unsecure sites. A friend of mine has a business blog that is blocked by Chrome and it's frustrating because it's not an ecommerce site that sells anything online. It just advertising his offline construction business, but now he's forced to either get an SSL or pay Google $100 to unblock his site to Chrome users.

It's like a form of extortion, if you think about it. Google has way to much power to influence what people do online, and now it's affecting offline activities.
(04-26-2018, 12:26 PM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.
(04-26-2018, 05:48 AM)srikanta30 Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.SSL Certificates are mainly used on websites which are used for Ecommerce or Financial Transaction to prevent it from getting [email protected]

Plus Google is giving warnings to Chrome users who visit potentially unsecure sites. A friend of mine has a business blog that is blocked by Chrome and it's frustrating because it's not an ecommerce site that sells anything online. It just advertising his offline construction business, but now he's forced to either get an SSL or pay Google $100 to unblock his site to Chrome users.

It's like a form of extortion, if you think about it. Google has way to much power to influence what people do online, and now it's affecting offline activities.

Yeah. I have also seen google displaying "This site may be [email protected]" in the serps (for sites not having an SSL). Which have decreased the CTRs for some of my CPA Niche sites.
I do have SSL on the site but its not a full cert, i never needed it for this, its not a visual ssl so its more for the backend of things, if you try to load the site with https you will see what i mean, this helps things go faster..

Return to Top CPAhero