Sidebar
Where is the sidebar? and why it is gone?

p.s. when i watch this thread the show up over the home button "script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js' type='text/javascript' /script " something is wrong there!
The sidebar displays the same content as the Recent button does in the menu which is why it was removed.

The Javascript error should be gone now.
I find it harder to moderate the forum without the sidebar, as one of my methods to keep an eye on things was to look at the recent posts on the side and, if I noticed a username appearing frequently back-to-back, then it was usually an indication of an LQ poster trying to raise their post count, or a spammer. I would often check that sidebar throughout the day to make sure there were no problems.

Now, with the seperate "recent" section, it just shows the usernames of the people who originally created the threads, NOT the latest post author, so I would actually have to check every single post to look for spammers, and I just don't have the time to do it that way.

Maybe you could either add some code to the recent section that shows the username of the last poster, or have something similar to a sidebar that scrolls either on the top or bottom of the forum showing the last 10 posts.

Thanks
(02-18-2016, 10:06 AM)Asmodeus Wrote: Signup or Login to view earning guides for mobile apps and websites.I find it harder to moderate the forum without the sidebar, as one of my methods to keep an eye on things was to look at the recent posts on the side and, if I noticed a username appearing frequently back-to-back, then it was usually an indication of an LQ poster trying to raise their post count, or a spammer. I would often check that sidebar throughout the day to make sure there were no problems.

Now, with the seperate "recent" section, it just shows the usernames of the people who originally created the threads, NOT the latest post author, so I would actually have to check every single post to look for spammers, and I just don't have the time to do it that way.

Maybe you could either add some code to the recent section that shows the username of the last poster, or have something similar to a sidebar that scrolls either on the top or bottom of the forum showing the last 10 posts.

Thanks

ok I added it back in for now. I just need to find a way to stop it from showing up in the mobile version since it cramps the design.
AWESOME!! Thanks!

Just write the code that reads anything coming from a mobile device blocks the sidebar script from loading for them.

Return to Top CPAhero